Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Everything.

So I sit here in my bed on June 5th, having to look at my phone because I have become lost in the summer days. Here I lay half way between drunk and sober and all I can think about and day dream about are my friends around the world that mean the world to me. Lindsay, Megan, Erin, Whitney, Troy and Scotty. My Europe friends that unwillingly and unknowingly changed my life forever. 

Lindsay, one of my roommates from Rome, who grew up in New Jersey came to visit Angela and I for a few days. With the spontaneity of our decision and quick plan to see each other again I was overwhelmed with excitement and happiness. Ang and I went to South Station in Boston to meet her, track 5 she said as I called her from the escalator of the T. We went outside and say her figure walk in through the sliding doors. I know it sounds so fairy tale like, but there she was, like a long lost friend that I hadn't seen in years. I wanted to cry, I wanted to jump up and down and I did, I cried inside for all the months I have missed her and everyone of my roommates. There she was, there we were, in the exact same place where we left off  - happiness. 

The past two days have been great. A time to catch up and once again enjoy each other's company. It wasn't until tonight, again our last night until she departs together, that we started revisiting the memories and adventures and laughs and cries we went through together. The little things we took for granted. The attempts at first unlocking our door, the closterphobic elevator, the first nights of eating together on our balcony, greeting Scotty and Troy at the door with appetizers. Every little moment that seemed so indifferent have suddenly come back to life. Tonight, sitting on that bar stool as we joked and reminisced about our memories, every little memory that I have thought about, that I have dreamed about, that I have wished for since I have come back were finally revisited. Finally I could talk to someone that knew the exact feeling that I went through. Finally I could talk to someone that knew exactly what we ALL have been going through. The struggle, the passion, the longing, the silents laughs, the random smiles as we all think about the memories we all have shared together.

Finally I have felt the chance to share that with my roommate again, maybe not all, but enough to bring that happiness and freedom back.

It was and has been everything I have ever wanted. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww ash...I felt the same way about my time in Boston with you girls...2 more months and me you and erin can go through it all over again...can't wait!!!!!!