Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Don't Blink, Time Goes Faster Then You Think"

So graduation is approaching. 

I stood in line this morning for two hours with friends to get tickets to participate in white river rafting in Maine, Six Flags and some other activities the school has prepared for seniors. I don't think it's settle in that in a little over a month I will be completely done with my college career. 

"Don't blink, time goes faster then you think." 

I can't believe it's over, I can't really grasp the idea of not going to class or of just living here for the hell of it. Yes I am hoping to get a career around here, but it will be completely different. Change is good though.

I can look at this next chapter with fear or enthusiasm. Basically come July 1st I can do and go anywhere I want. My lease will be up, as of right now I have no real job obligations and school will be over. So I guess the question is should I start planning? I started looking into apartments a few weeks ago and have been working on getting my resume out there, which is all good and exciting, but why tie myself down again, when I'm not even sure if this is where I want to be. 

Ideally, I would love to travel more. Being in Europe for four months was an amazing experience and I want to continue. 

When I think about it and visualize it, it's a book, everyone's life is a book and every new experience or life changing event is perceived as a new chapter. I see my graduation as an end to a chapter and the days following are blank pages. I feel like I have come up with possible names for the chapter, but nothing is solidified yet. I guess it's something I just need to go with. 

Thought change....

SO I was at the gym today working out on the elliptical listening to my 'Work it Out' mix I have on my ipod when I see Barack Obama bowling! Alright, seriously what the hell is up with this? Our economy is failing and this guy, our possible future president is bowling? How can he expect to get votes and be taken seriously when he's bowling and our economy is failing?


So maybe he was attempting at the 'regular guy' scene, but really, do we want to depend on a 'regular guy' when we have such huge issues in this country that need to be addressed? Gas prices are souring, Delta Airlines have just raised their prices, suspicious packages are arriving at Florida airports, and Obama is bowling.

Yes sir! Sign me up for that guy!

So he has proven to some that his debating skills are adequate, his policies and promises may lead the country in a positive direction, but it's another portrayed scene similar to McCain and Romney bickering like little school girls; who wants to vote for a person focused and concerned about receiving a vote and feeding into what the people want to see? Why not actually focus on the issues at hand and what will lead this country into a positive direction. 

We have enough professional bowlers and bickering little school girls, lets see you play the role of a politician who hopes to be the President of the United States. 

No comments: