Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 1: Breathing

On the cusp of completing the first week of yet another long journey of training.

18 weeks of grueling, challenging, fun, enlightening, and step by step training awaits me as I prepare for yet another marathon. March 6th, 2011 the 33rd Annual Napa Valley Marathon will host me, along with many other individuals, through the innumerable valleys of grapes and vineyards.

As I end the night calculating my miles that I have completed this week (11) and add up the miles left to accomplish (13), I look forward to the many hours on the road.

Although I consider myself a novice marathon runner, I believe that it is easy to understand why people do it. It is easy to understand why people are so driven to run and crave the miles. It is because the first step that hits the pavement and begins the pace, releases everything. There is so much to this everything, but it starts with breathing.

Week 1:
Weight 108
BMI: 19
Miles achieved this week: 11
Average pace: 8:30
1st Marathon Completed in 3 hours 46 minutes
Goal Time for Completion of 2nd Marathon: 3 hours 39 minutes

No comments: